The Creative Arts Programme (CAP) is jointly organised by the Gifted Education Branch, Ministry of Education Singapore and the National University of Singapore. It comprises a Creative Arts Seminar and a Mentorship Attachment, and is offered for both English and Mother Tongue participants.
Taking place over end May into early June, the intensive Seminar provides participants with the opportunity to attend a plethora of carefully-curated talks and workshops, as well as develop their writing during hands-on sessions. Subsequently, participants may apply for a 9 month-long mentorship programme under the guidance of local writers.
For more information on either component, refer to the Seminar and Mentorship tabs respectively. CAP also publishes an annual literary anthology of participants’ works – selected pieces from previous years may be viewed on this site.
The aim of the Creative Arts Programme is to nurture talented young writers.
- To expose participants to local literature and other forms of art
- To enable participants to understand and appreciate the local, regional and global literature scene
- To provide participants with the opportunity to pursue their interests as well as learn and work together with like-minded peers
- To provide the opportunity for participants who show commitment and potential in writing to be mentored by a published author
- To instill in participants a sense of the writer’s responsibility to society and the impact of the written word on the well-being of others
Creative Arts Programme Committee
Gifted Education Branch
1 North Buona Vista Drive
Level 13, MOE Building